Gehl is a purpose driven organization focused on how we can have a constant positive impact on climate action, health and equity through our projects which are centered around urban strategy, mobility, masterplan and landscape design.
Gehl is currently experiencing growth in our design work. We are increasingly guiding complex, multidisciplinary teams through all aspects of masterplanning, from vision to implementation. As trusted advisors to our clients, our obligation is to deliver the best possible quality in all our projects – from the first sketch through to implementation.
Gehl is searching for a talented and experienced senior Project Manager for our Copenhagen Office. The interested candidate should have a minimum of 5-10 years in-depth experience with architecture and preferably also masterplanning. If selected, you will join a team of people working globally on ‘making cities for people’ by placing the needs of people at the center of planning, design and the building of healthy, resilient, and inclusive places.
You will be based in Copenhagen but will be working on an international portfolio which will require some travel abroad.
- Project Management / Daily management, profitability, and assurance of quality on all project work, from start to completion.
- Coordination of project team members on a daily basis and nurturing of relationships with clients and collaborators. Integrating project inputs from other Gehl team members with diverse professional backgrounds.
- Client presentations and project communication.
- Development of masterplans in multi-disciplinary project teams, principally, if not exclusively, for large mixed-use strategic sites.
- Management of independent site visits and analysis of sites.
- Development and/or coordination of frameworks for implementation, including phasing strategies, design guidelines, landscape plans and coordination with building architects.
- Coordination and engagement of clients, municipalities and other stakeholders.
- Development of the masterplanning service area at Gehl, including innovation around methodology, process and implementation.
The candidate must possess the following skill set:
- Educational background as an architect or urban designer.
- Driven by ambition and idealism, but pragmatic and realistic to achieve good outcomes.
- A promising portfolio of design work that demonstrates technical capabilities across a variety of architecture and urban design related projects.
- Possess excellent design skills.
- Experienced in managing complex processes.
- Ability to organize and lead design teams, both internally and externally.
- Ability to ensure that what is produced in the project team is of high quality.
- Ability to designate clear tasks and provide guidance and effective feedback in the project team.
- Ability to work in a diverse team with diverse clients where cultural sensitivity is important.
- Ability to be open and share knowledge.
- Professional attitude at all levels.
- Fluent in English – spoken and written. German and /or Scandinavian is a plus.
- Good at communicating externally and internally – written, verbal communication and oral presentation skills, as well as ability to visualize ideas.
By joining Gehl, you will be part of …
- A leading global brand within urban design with a focus on making cities for people.
- Making a global impact towards achieving the UN Sustainable Development Goals – specifically focusing on how urban design can promote better outcomes for health, climate action & equity.
- A group of skilled, passionate, highly professional, international and social colleagues based in Copenhagen, New York and San Francisco.
- An inspiring working environment with a culture for sharing and learning.
Details for applying
- Follow the application steps on Homerun and make sure to upload your CV, cover letter and portfolio.
- Salary will be negotiated with the selected applicant.